Book Review: Cold Wind (Ironbound 2) by Andrew Givler, narrated by Ralph Lister


5/5 stars. The second book in the Ironbound series is as interesting, and as much fun, as the first one. I am enjoying the journey that Andrew Givler has created and look forward to continuing with the release of book three in November. I read this story immersively on my Kindle app, listening along to the audiobook narration. I recommend both the book and the audiobook highly!

I do not usually enjoy gladiator-type stories, but this book is so much more that that, even though that is the central focus of the main storyline. Castor is not only dealing with being sold into servitude and fighting for his freedom, but also dealing with another Cor heart activating, and having to help his new ‘owner’ maintain his position in the Senate. The politics continue to get more intriguing, and the cast of characters around Castor have become more fascinating with each of his experiences. I have particularly enjoyed getting to know Varus, Pliny, Contessa, Alessandra, and Rin. Each of these have played a vital role in Castor’s continuing journey. I am also glad that another of Castor’s legionnaire friends has returned for this book!

Finally, the narration in the audiobook by Ralph Lister adds a great deal of depth to the story. He does a wonderful job with all the character voices, and he keeps the action focused on the most important aspects of each scene, bringing out the significant moments with great skill.

I cannot recommend this series enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Faith of Beasts (The Captives War book 2) by James S.A. Corey

Book Review: The Book of Fallen Leaves (The Autumn Empire 1) by A.S. Tamaki

Book Review: No Man’s Land by Richard K. Morgan