Book Review: The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
5/5 stars. Harry August is a kalachakra, a person who lives the same life over and over again but remembers everything that happened before. In each life, Harry learns that the world is approaching its end faster than it should be, but Harry thinks he knows who is causing this to happen. What can he do to put the world back on its correct path?
This novel was my first experience with Claire North. I am impressed with her prose and her imagination in building such a fascinating story. I bought Slow Gods recently and plan to read it, but I know she has many other novels that I will be checking into. I am always impressed with a writer who tells a good story but also makes me consider the consequences if the story were actually true!
This book was recommended to me by a friend over a year ago and I finally got around to reading it. I wish I had read it sooner. Harry August is an interesting character with the desire to do good for the world, mostly. I highly recommend checking out this unique literary scifi story.
Additionally, the audiobook, narrated by Peter Kenny, is excellent. Kenny does a wonderful job with all of the accents and distinguishes the characters so very well.
Comments
Post a Comment