Book Review: The Concrete Blonde (Harry Bosch 3) by Michael Connelly
4.5/5 stars, rounded down. This is the third Bosch novel that I have read and is certainly the best of the three. The character of Harry Bosch continues to be revealed slowly through these novels, and I am glad I started with book 1 in the series, so I can get the full picture as it develops. Connelly is an excellent writer, his prose makes the reader want to continue reading, and his storytelling keeps the focus on the case and moves it forward.
In this story, Harry is facing a civil rights lawsuit related to a case from four years ago. Connelly writes the courtroom drama as well as, or even better than, he writes police procedural and crime scene investigation aspects. The experience of reading this part of the book makes me even more interested in reading his Lincoln Lawyer books. I definitely look forward to reading more of the Harry Bosch novels and plan to branch out to Connelly’s other works, in publication order, except that I might read the Catalina novels sooner. I hear his writing just gets better and better.
Highly recommended!
Comments
Post a Comment